Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Using his super-powers (charm & hotness) for good

William Shatner is a well known and respected icon of pop culture. As such he is one of the best celebrity spokesman for any cause. His persona embodies masculinity. If you wanted to retain his service as ambassador on your behalf the price tag would undoubtedly be hefty. I was so proud to have Captain Kirk defend a Gay man, even if it was only on a TV sitcom, against bullying by one of his Navy buddies that I had to write about it and share it with you all.


That quote is from a review of last week's episode of Shit My Dad Says at New Gay Earth (where all are welcome). BTW, the name of the episode was "The Manly Thing To Do."

Doin' us proud! Man up, homophobes!

1 comment:

Gideon said...

Thanks for the bump guys! I'm impressed with your blog and I'm very happy to have found it.

I've had a crush on Shat since my teenage years when he appeared on The Twilight Zone and later as Captain Kirk.

I'm gonna subscribe to the RSS feed so I can keep up with your latest musings!

You are always welcome at New Gay Earth...

Gideon