Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

Monday, September 12, 2011

Bill "Sings" Iron Man

From Revolver mag:
Acting legend and recipient of the Honorary Headbanger Award at this year’s Revolver Golden Gods has finally released his version of Black Sabbath’s “Iron Man.” The Star Trek captain holed up with Black Label Society and former Ozzy Osbourne axman Zakk Wylde and Alice in Chains bassist Mike Inez earlier this year to record the track, which can be found on his new double-album, Seeking Major Tom (Cleopatra), which comes out on October 11. Presales for the album start today right here!

Of working with Wylde, Shatner commented, “He’s fantastic! I’m energized.” Wylde was thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Shatner and added, “He’s super cool, we had an awesome time working together.”
Revolver Mag debut William Shatner Iron man feat. Zakk Wylde by Cleopatra Records

I...don't think I like this. GASP!

Good guitars, tho.

5 comments:

Diana Hunt said...

Must say I couldn't listen to all of it...yuk and oops. But then I don't often listen to 'I can't Get Behind That' so it's possible that this is the only unpleasant experience awaiting me. I also think the cover is hideous. I loved the cover of 'Has Been' so much, this new one looks amateur in comparison. I hope this turn outs okay.

tintorera said...

@Diana The song Has Been is no cover. The only cover version on this album is Common People, I think.

But I have to agree. I don't like his Iron Man either. :/
Very curious, but more afraid than excited about the upcoming album...

Diana Hunt said...

@ Tintorera, I was referring to the Photo on the Cover of the album. I know there are no 'cover songs' on 'Has Been', other than 'Common People'.

I think the cover artwork on 'Seeking Major Tom' is very poor compared to the beautiful photos of Bill on 'Has Been'.

tintorera said...

@Diana LOL, now I see. The "artwork" does not deserve this name. Looks like it was poorly done with photofunia. :P

Diana Hunt said...

Agreed :/